Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The stupid stuff I did

I've been messing around with software for years. Messing around professionally, and for fun. And there are many times where I've struggled with stuff for hours or days, wondering why something won't work, until 'Eureka!' I do something magical and everything is wonderful in the world. By the next day (well, hour often) I've forgotten what I did and how to fix it the next time it happens. And to be honest, I'm sure there are other people like me that also struggled, but had to give up because their day job just didn't allow constant tail-chasing.

Now, I'm not a software expert. I write it to be functional. I can see the beauty in the concept, but I don't code like those other guys. I fix stuff to work, well, and I stumble across issues with a good background technical knowledge and often a lot of luck. So, don't expect coding wonders, just some occasional thoughts distilled from many sources that might help other people who are also wondering what the hell is going on.

I'll credit my sources of info, and I'll happily share ideas and thoughts others have. Virtually nothing written here will be original, just hopefully the way it is presented.

I hope you enjoy, or at least find something useful if you stumbled here by accident. My other blog is far more 'professional' and targeted at getting me some consulting work in business process improvement and generally fixing business issues with technology, so this blog gives me an outlet for all the other stuff.

Happy reading!
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment